12.24.2009

A Curious Thought

I have been spending some time this week reflecting on my spiritual journey through 2009. I have to say that this has been a good year all in all. Perhaps I will post at length the specifics sometime in the future. I Just wanted to post up a curious thought I had the other morning. Honestly it is one that a few months ago I would have considered liberal heresy but today it is giving me cause to further evaluate my relationship with Jesus. And is placing a burden on my heart for my church which I love.


Jesus said, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10:16 So God clearly has His people in many places in this world including "Babylon" Now, beyond that we have further light which tells us that a shaking time will come on this church and that so many people will leave that it will seem that the church will fail but that it will not because many people will come in from other churches to take the place of those who left.

Consider what this means. It means that the majority of Gods end time people are not currently part of Gods "end time people" and most of the people who think that they are part of God's end time people are actually not. Which brings me to the point that not long ago would have been heretical to me.

What is going on in Babylon that God in His wisdom is going to allow His people to remain there until the last possible moment? And why is it that so many people who now reside in the Adventist church will be bailing out at the last possible moment? My theory is this. Main line protestantism has what many would consider an over emphasis on God's love, at the expense of obedience. They down play the commandments most of the time only the 4th.

Adventism on the other hand has a tendency to swing in the other direction emphasizing obedience and down playing the Love of God in an effort to display our singularity. Now any one in Adventism knows that we believe and cherish the Love of God but it would appear based on what we know will happen in the future that for most our faith becomes more of an intellectual accent into knowledge rather then a living connection to God.

Could it be that God would rather have His people have a living connection to Him now and learn the fullness of truth later then to have them know all truth now and miss out on the relationship? Knowing something is right will only compell you to go so far when faced with personal detriment. But people die every day for the things they truly love.

None of this is to say that we should just leave people where they are and not continue to strive to present truth to the world. But I am inclined to think that we need to spend more time on Christ and less time on Anti-christ. "For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." 2 Corinthians 5:14,15

No comments:

Post a Comment