7.04.2011

Look Unto HIm

I love riding bicycles. However I don't ride as much as I would like. Lately I have been trying to go for a bike ride in the evening but I am sporadic at best. I started riding about 7 years ago. One of my good friends dad was and avid cycler and when I told him I was interested in getting into it he was very excited. He took me out and helped me pick out the right bike and helped me pick out all the gear I would need to get started on the right foot.

Once we hit the trail I thought I was going to take it by storm, but bicycling was not as easy as I remembered it from my childhood probably because I was out of shape. Plus Ronnie had many years of riding under his belt so he was in shape and he could ride very fast. The first couple of rides he held back so I could keep up but after that he rode at his pace and it was on me to keep up.

While we were riding he would explain different mechanics and techniques to make it easier to go faster and ride longer. At times I would fall behind but he would just keep going, and a funny thing would happen. As I looked ahead and saw him riding on strong it would give me a little something extra to keep going. To push a little harder and catch up with him. Now days I don't have anyone to ride with. No one to push me, no one to keep up with. So when I go out for a ride and it gets a little difficult I tend to back off a little bit or just turn around altogether and go home. Needless to say I don't make much headway in my riding.

Many times we go through the same thing in our spiritual lives we want to do good but when things get tough we often feel like we are all alone. It becomes hard to push through the tough times. In Hebrews 12 Paul is about to talk about the disciplining of God. How at times it will be hard. So he starts with this piece of advise.

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. (Hebrews 12:3 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment